- One of the complementary elective courses in the Senior Year must be a departmental elective.
- All courses offered by the departments of the Faculty of Engineering under the codes CE, CHE, CMPE, EE, IE, ME, including MS level courses (5XX) (except for IE 120, IE 201, IE 341, ME 120).
- All courses offered by the departments of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences under the codes BIO, MATH, PHYS, CHEM (except CHEM 261, PHYS 111, PHYS 112, PHYS 150, PHYS 177, PHYS 290, PHYS 305, PHYS 331, PHYS 332,PHYS 481, PHYS 484, PHYS 488, PHYS 48D, PHYS 48E, PHYS 48G, PHYS 48I, PHYS 48J, PHYS 48W, PHYS 48Y, PHYS 490 and PHYS 499).
- All 500-courses offered by The Institute of Biomedical Engineering (except BM 500, BM 503, BM 504, BM 511, BM 513, BM 514).
- All 500-courses offered by the Institute of Environmental Sciences (except for ESC 541, ESC 545, ESC 546, ESC 547, ESC 548).
- All 500-courses offered by The Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Research Institute.
- All 500-courses offered by the Department of Geophysics
- The following courses: ESC 306, ESC311
Humanities and Social Sciences Courses
NOTICE: HUM101 (Cultural Encounters I) is an obligatory HSS course to ALL freshmen starting from Fall 2009. Should you have any questions, please contact your academic advisor as early as possible.
- All courses offered by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences under the codes AL, CL, DRA, EL, FA, HIST (except HIST 202), SOC (except SOC 204 and SOC 304), PHIL, PSY (except PSY 202, PSY 206, and PSY 207), STS, the following courses from Translation and Interpreting Studies, Fine Arts, Western Languages and Literatures: TR 364, TR 412, TR 414, PA 393, AS 250, HUM 101, HUM 102, LIT 211 and LIT 212.
- All courses offered by Ataturk Institute for Modern Turkish History under the code of ATA.
- All sophomore or higher-level courses offered by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences under the code TKL.
- The following senior-level courses offered by the School of Foreign Languages: FR 421, FR 422, GER 321, GER 322, GER 421, and GER 422.
- The following courses offered by the Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences: EC 203, EC 205, EC210, EC 211, EC 310, EC 311, EC 312, EC 315, EC 411, EC 412, EC 471, EC 474, EC 482, All courses under the code POLS (except for POLS 206 and POLS 481).
- The following courses offered by the department: EE483, EE 486.
Courses which can be taken only in the two CC/HSS slots besides other CC and HSS courses
- The courses by the Department of Management: AD 242, AD 353, AD 351, AD 401, AD 408, AD 409, AD 424, AD 425, AD 490.
- The following courses: EE 484, ESC 305, ESC 307, ESC 351, IE 341, PSY 271, EC 361.
- The following courses offered by the Department of Linguistics: LING 101 (LING 111), LING 300, LING 302, LING 496.
- All courses under the code ENG can only be taken as non-credit.